Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Another Mini Step by Step Tutorial

This  one  is  pretty  much  the  same  as  my  last  piece,  but  it  involves  a  little  assemblage  this  time.

I  started  out  the  same  way  as  before  (from  my  previous  post)  with  a  6 x 12  wood  cradle  board--


...collaged  book  pages  and  color  over  top  of  it,  and  then--


I  added  a  border  with  my  papers--love  how  they  come  together..

next--
I  went  through  my  stash  of  old  hardware--I  have  so  much  of  this  stuff--I'm  a  bit  obsessed  with  it--I  love  looking  at  the  different  designs  and  detail--always  different--so  back  to  what  I  did  with  these--


....first--I  painted  all  the  pieces  with  regular  acrylic  paint ( to whimsy them up a bit)-- then  sprayed  a  finish  over  them.

Always  love  the  possibilities  of  these little  goodies  that  I  find.

 
..what  they  can  become...





That  was  fun!--so  you  know  I  just  had  to  do  it  again!


When  I  make  these,  I  always  gather  my  papers  that  I  want  to  use  first,  and  the  papers  give  me  a  sense  of  where  I  want  to  go,  and  that's  how  this  angel  came  about.

I'm  still  playing  with  my  papers--more  in  the  next  post--stay  tuned.......

5 comments:

Susanna said...

Wau! Beautiful and lovely art piece!! I love it!

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

Amazing!!!!!

Jennidee Mills said...

Lovely work. Hmmm. You are giving me ideas about what to do with that box of trinkets I've been saving because I can't let them go.

espenavarro said...

i love it!

Sharon Cherry said...

Love the piece as an art hanging. When I get my supplies together (on retirement budget) in which may take awhile, will definitely give this a try.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails